Project ManagerFull Time
Login to bookmark
- At least 5 years in automation and/or robotics strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.E.E./B.S.C/B.S.M.E.)
- Must be willing to travel to South Carolina for extended period (3-4 weeks) in June/July
- Leads and coordinates the daily operations specific to assigned project(s) from pre-sales activity through execution of project deliverables.
- Documents and clarifies project scope, requirements, and estimates.
- Reviews project proposals to develop goals, time frame, budgets, and procedures for accomplishing projects.
- Analyzes project profitability, develops, and manages project budget, revenue recognition and invoicing, monitors receivables.
- Ensures engineering compliance with all customers and/or other pertaining specifications. Ensure company awareness to specifications.
- Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Identifies necessary resources and leads assigned team members to goal achievement.
- Creates, executes, and adjusts project work plans as needed.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects and client interaction.
- Provides and authorizes purchases related to projects.
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
- Creates and maintains job books for each project, including Estimates, Jobs, Sales Orders, and Shippers in ERP system.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimizes company exposure and risk on project
- Manages change and problem resolution, identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures proper documentation completion (including lessons learned) and storage.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively, mitigates team conflict.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Provides periodic status reports to management.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization, objectives and technical capability.
- Assists on the pre-sales (definition of scope, clarification of requirements, estimation, quoting, work breakdown and scheduling) effort if required.
- Leads internal team/task forces if requested.
- Some level of travel may be required depending on the nature of the projects assigned.
- Supervises and/or coordinates activities of engineering department workers in the absence of the manager.