Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan, organize, and coordinate the work efforts on projects assigned, including the development of detailed engineering schedules
• Responsible for all phases of projects assigned in accordance with customers Engineering Department Procedures
• Efficiently perform all functions and duties of all lower-level mechanical engineering positions
• Participate in the appropriate meetings to understand the upcoming project and the development of identifying key dates to accomplish project completion
• Recommend to supervision when and how many people and hours of work are needed to accomplish the “key dates” as scheduled
• Recommend to supervision the strengths and weaknesses of personnel assigned
• Attend and participate in all customer design review meetings for design approvals. Take all pertinent meeting notes on projects assigned.
• Attend project production meetings as required, with updated engineering schedules and percent complete status
• Interpret all specifications and standards
• Perform comparative analysis of designs and drawings, to ensure conformance to customer standards, specifications, and good engineering practices.
• Perform conceptual design work and carry out actual design utilizing latest AutoCAD software
• Follow all action logs to assure all items are being completed by target dates
• Keep accurate job logs, records, meeting minutes and schedules
• Ensure that designs and all purchased components and parts will function and perform their intended task in the environment in which they operate for meetings all designated R&M requirements and life expectancies based on duty cycles and cycle time
• Perform machine and/or design FMEA’s for final design conformance to all requirements on projects assigned
• Perform or have performed FMEA’s on all critical parts of the assembly structure during static or dynamic loading, to ensure conformance within required job specifications
• Perform final update of design of manufacturing, purchasing, and assembly revisions
• Complete engineering within budget and delivery requirements
• Generate machine and/or system detailed sequence of operation within cycle times and cylinder sizes, motor sizes, etc.
• Assist in machine debug and tryout
• Perform field service as required (both domestic and international). Fill out field service reports in detail
• Maintain customer contact as needed
• Release and monitor design through purchasing, manufacturing, and assembly phases
Additional Job Requirements
A requirement of this position is that extended overnight business travel, domestic and/or international, may be necessary relating to responsibilities associated with projects that you are assigned to. Travel expectations are
25% or less.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Read technical journals, abstracts, manuals, and specifications in a timely manner with full comprehension. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Advanced knowledge with recent software such as Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems:
• NX or Solidworks
• Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows XP or higher
Education and/or Experience Required:
• Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or equivalent in education and/or experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in design and build of Assembly and/or Test Machines Systems
• Minimum of 5 years experience as Designer and/or Project Engineer in a similar industry
• BSME in Mechanical Engineering
• 5-10 years experience in design and build of Assembly and/or Test Machines and/or Systems
• Pervious project management and leadership training
• Good interpersonal communication skills with formal training and ability to participate in group discussions and debates.
• Ability to prepare business correspondences, meeting minutes, and reports using prescribed format, as well as prepare and deliver presentations.
• Ability to listen to comments, statements, questions, etc., interpret what was said, and relay this information to managers
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, mathematical or diagram form.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Well organized and self-disciplined